Saturday, February 28, 2009

3 Blogs for the price of 1

There has been so much going on that I haven't had time to sit and blog about any of it. Now I'm back blogged and don't want to post three different blogs; so try and keep up!

#1- "I Need a Doctor!"








#2- "Out with the Old, in with the BOLD!"






#3- "Up in the Gym just Working on my Fitness"



I was recently told that Dr Pepper is an OKIE drink. Well, I'm an Okie I guess because I have become very addicted to Dr Pepper and other caffeinated beverages. I usually have to drink coffee by 10 am and a Dr P with lunch to avoid a massive headache. If I am having a rough day I can drink a Dr P and I feel much better-more able to cope. It is like a drug; too much and I can't sit still, not enough and I can't move. I have realized that being addicted to caffeine is a bad thing. I don't really know how harmful caffeine is alone, but I know that all the sugar and calories are not good for me, not to mention I can feel my teeth turning yellow when I drink it. So, what's a girl to do? I quit! I have not had ANY caffeine since MONDAY! Today is Saturday. WOOOHOOO! I had headaches off and on all week. Yesterday it was a migraine for sure-which leads me into another blog altogether.

How do you cure a migraine? Seven Ibuprofen was not enough...and I hate to take any kind of pills, but they weren't working so I kept popping! (guess I'm trading one addiction for another!) So it was date nite last nite and the last couple of times we went out, we didn't really have much of a date. So we decided last nite would be better. We went out for some good Italian food. It was dimly lit in the restaurant which was good for my headache. Our dinner was good. Then we decided to go shopping...for...bras. I HATE shopping for bras and panties. My husband doesn't love it so much either. But I had a good idea of where and what and how much, so I figured it would be relatively easy on both of us....which leads me into blog #3, and eventually I will tie them all together!

I have been going to the gym for a couple of weeks now, plus still using the elliptical here at the house. (My first trip to the gym ended with me locking my keys in my car and having to climb into the sun roof to get them out!) This week I worked out 6 times. One of those times was a trip to the gym for some upper body work. I did several machines with my friend from work who pushes me beyond what I think I am capable of. My upper arms and shoulders were a wee bit sore while I was bra shopping. I was also wearing a button up shirt with these tiny little loops instead of actual button wholes which makes it difficult to try on anything. It's totally a pain to stand there (while my husband is waiting patiently outside) and undo all these tiny little buttons-but I do it anyway because I'm not going to buy a bra without trying it on. Add on top of that I am wearing a tank top under my shirt. So it takes me a good 2-3 minutes just to get my top off in order to try on the bra. The first bra just didn't working for me. I'm looking more like a double headed torpedo than anything. So, I put all my clothes back on -teeny tiny buttons and all, to go find a different bra. My husband has totally bailed on me by now. I find a different bra and head back into the dressing room to do it all again...this time I take the shirt off over my head because I think it will be faster that way, but my arms are pretty sore, so I'm not moving very fast. I try on the bra-it's a better fit. Less torpedo. Take off the new bra, but on the old bra, tank, and shirt...and head out to find my husband. While all of this is happening, I realize my head doesn't hurt anymore! Yeah. The cure for a migraine is BRA SHOPPING! Who knew? I always thought bra shopping was the cause of headaches. So I bought four new bras-out with the old, in with the BOLD! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for keeping up with going to the gym!

    Funny thing is, I had just got back from bra shopping when I read your new post! Nothing too special-just s strapless black bra!

    And I think I've gained back all plus some of the weight I lost. pthhhh

    ReplyDelete